Buyers Relocating to Ottawa
Laura’s team has helped many families, big and small, relocate to the Ottawa area. We understand that a house hunting trip is usually quite stressful and can be an overwhelming affair. We also understand the urgency of the trip and how best to use the short time allotted to find your next home. We are here to help make this relocation adventure fun, exciting and as easy as possible. Our real estate expertise, knowledge and past experience with relocations from inside, as well as outside Canada, will help you make the right decision and put you at ease during your relocation process.
- provide you with exceedingly professional and thorough representation and outstanding service;
- start by contacting you by phone and email to have an open conversation about what you want and need in your new home and neighbourhood;
- mail you a package with information about the Ottawa area and what is available to you and your family;
- focus almost exclusively on you and your family and make you our priority from the moment you arrive until the moment your trip is complete;
- explain the ins and outs of various neighbourhoods within the city to ensure you find the best home, in the best spot, in your price range;
- suggest a lawyer, home inspector or any other professional required;
- provide you with continuous support after your new home has been purchased to help you settle into the Ottawa area.
When you are preparing for your trip to Ottawa, you may want to consider some of the House Hunting Tips that we have come up with after years of helping families relocate.
- Spend some time learning about the various neighbours and areas of the city before you arrive in Ottawa. We will happily navigate you through your MLS map, which we will mail to you, and explain the general dynamic of the city, so that we make the best use of your short time here.
- Make a list of features you would like your new home to have. Sort the list into three categories: Non-Negotiable, Strongly Desired, & Very Nice to Have. Sometimes the prices of homes in the area can be a bit of a shock to families coming from cities that have very different values (higher or lower), so taking the time to set priorities will help narrow down the search and ensure you are spending your time looking at houses that really meet your needs.
- When browsing the internet looking at homes, take a minute to send us MLS numbers or links of places that stand out to you (good or bad!). It will help us get a handle on what you like and it will ensure we prioritize seeing homes you have picked out as favourites when you arrive.
- Send us the contact information of your financial lender before you leave home. Being pre-approved helps you establish parameters and will ensure you are focusing on the appropriate houses and neighbourhoods. If you would like to use a local lender, ask us for recommendations and start the process well in advance of your trip. Lenders will need a lot of information from you, and most of these things will be easy to dig up at home, but not so easy to get access to once you are on the road.
- Ask lots of questions in the moment to avoid confusion later on. We will provide you with detailed information sheets on each house we visit. Take lots of notes while we are out hunting. It doesn’t take long for homes to start to blend together in your memory when you see so many in such a short time!